“The Green Hornet” Scheduled To Roll Across The Auction Block As Part Of Barrett-Jackson’s Salon Collection In 2013
Legendary Shelby Prototype Roars into Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale January 13-20 Scottsdale, Ariz. (September 5, 2012) – Barrett-Jackson, The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™, announced today that the newly-restored legendary Shelby Prototy...
“The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™” Returns to Las Vegas Las Vegas (August 22, 2012)— Barrett-Jackson, “The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™,” is pleased to announce the return of its renowned Las Vegas car auction,...
Solid email time management tips. They really work! by They Really Work! teamworkandleadership.com
Once in awhile I get asked, “Mike, what do I do about managing the thousands of emails I have in my in-box? My response is simple.
I say, “Try this some time. Next time when you are in your email in-box, press the shift key and while holding it down click on your latest email all the way to your oldest. Once every email is highlighted, press the delete key. It really works! They all disappear.”
Now, please don’t write and tell me this is stupid. I understand why you might say that. However, think about it, if an email was really that important it will be sent again. And the rest; probably not that important any way.
We can easily get sucked into wasting a lot more time than we need to in our email in-boxes. I would bet it is the first thing that most of you do every morning. And it would probably be safe to assume that you check it on average 10-20+ times a day. Be honest… okay?
Here are 5 email time management tips to help you be more efficient with email. Email is a critical tool, but it can become an unproductive tool very quickly.
1. Schedule. Scheduling time to check email is probably the most effective thing you can do right away. I suggest scheduling 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM. This schedule gives you ample time in the morning to tackle the most important things first before diving into email.
Some of you may need to schedule more frequently. But checking email more than four times a day is probably too much.
2. Un-subscribe. Do you belong to a list that you no longer read? Are you getting advertisements for things you won’t ever buy? If the answer is yes, which I supposed it would be with most, then un-subscribe from those lists. There is a link at the end of most emails that gives you this option.
3. Call. Don’t get sucked into the dreaded email chain of persuading and clarifying. Simply pick up the phone and make a call.
4. Turn off. Turn off auto-checking for new messages. Whether it is a ding you hear or a notification you see pop up, turn it off forever. It is a distraction and temptation you don’t need. Better yet, shut down your email program completely until you have scheduled time to check it.
5. Only once. Never read a message twice. Open the message, do something with it and be done with it.
Much of our time in email can be highly unproductive. What additional tips do you have? Have you ever used the “delete all method” before? What are your thoughts?
Barrett-Jackson Partners With The Pep Boys – Manny, Moe & Jack To Provide Quality Car Care Products To Enthusiasts Across The Country
Three-Part Premium Paint Restoration and Car Care System Available at Pep Boys Locations Beginning Summer 2012 Philadelphia (August 7, 2012) – Two of the most well-known brands in the automotive industry announced a new partnership today, one that w...
Third Annual Barrett-Jackson Orange County Auction Concludes With More Than $14 Million In Revenue; Over 54,000 In Attendance
World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions Wraps Up Southern California Automotive and Lifestyle Event with a One Million Dollar Increase in Sales and more than 400 Cars Sold SCOTTSDALE, AZ. – June 26, 2012 – Barrett-Jackson Auction Company, The Wor...
- Unclaimed property laws have been around since at least the 1940s, but have become much broader and more enforced in the last 15 years. Unclaimed property is one of the original consumer protection programs.
- $1.754 billion returned to the rightful owners in Fiscal Year 2006 from 1.929 million accounts
- Total of at least $32.877 billion is currently being safeguarded by state treasurers and other agencies for 117 million accounts.
The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™ President will be Featured Guest Speaker at Shelby American 50th Anniversary Celebration East SCOTTSDALE, AZ. – May 23, 2012 – Barrett-Jackson Auction Company, The World’s Greatest Collector Car...
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. May 14, 2012 — The world lost an automotive icon, Barrett-Jackson lost a friend. Carroll Shelby, who passed away on May 10, was more than the namesake manufacturer behind some of Barrett-Jackson’s most memorable auction moment...
“The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™” Returns to Southern California June 22-24 Orange County, Calif. (April 30, 2012) – Barrett-Jackson, The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™, is pleased to announce the return of its ren...
The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™ To Sponsor and Wrap David Ragan’s No. 34 Ford Scottsdale, Ariz. (April 19, 2012) – Barrett-Jackson Auction Company announced today that it will again sponsor and wrap David Ragan’s No. 34 Ford ...